Prof. Jose M. Alcaraz Calero (PhD, MEng, BEng, SMIEEE, FHEA), is Full Professor in Networks and Security at School of Engineering and Computing, University of the West of Scotland, UK. He is Representative Member of the EU 5G-PPP Technological Board; the NATO Working Group IST-118; and the Internet Technical Committee. He has been involved in international research projects totalling more 28m EUR. He is Co-Technical Coordinator of the H2020 5G-PPP Phase 1 – SELFNET Consortium (6.8m EUR) amd the the H2020 5G-PPP Phase 2 – SLICENET Consortium (8m EUR). Jose M. shifted to the industrial side of research working 4 years for the Cloud and Security Lab, at Hewlett-Packard Research Laboratories, United Kingdom. He has published more than 100 articles in journals, magazines, books and conferences in Computer Science and Telecommunications, including more than 15 international patents and intellectual properties rights. He is Associated Editor for a number of prestigious journals such as IEEE Communication Magazine and Chair in a number of prestigious conferences such as IEEE TrustCom, IEEE ATC. He has received a number of international awards such as best PhD award on Computer Science and Outstanding Chair Award, among others.
His main research interests include (but not limited):
- Large-Scale IT Infrastructures, including Cloud Computing, Fog Computing and Mobile Edge Computing.
- Large-Scale Telecommunication Infrastructures, including 4G and 5G Networks.
- Management of Large-scale Data Centres , including Automatization, Virtualization, Monitoring & Self-Management Capabilities.
- Management of Large-scale Networks, including Software-Defined Networks, Self-Organized Networks & Network Function Virtualized.
- Distributed Emulation of Large-Scale IT Scenarios, including Mobile Communications, Disadvantaged Communications and Wired Communications.
- Data and Network Security for Large-Scale Distributed and Federated Infrastructures, including Authentication, Access Control, Trust, Policy-based Systems & Privacy.
- Distributed Big Data Processing Platforms including Batch Data, Graph Data, & Stream Data.