The NetFPGA-10G board has 4 x 10GigE SFP+ interfaces, a PCI Express interface to the host (Gen2 x8 channels), and a Xilinx Virtex-5 TX240T FPGA. The board has SRAM and DRAM (27 MBytes QDRII SRAM, 288 MBytes RLDRAM-II) and a high bandwidth expansion connector for daughter-cards.
- Xilinx Virtex-5 XC5VTX240TFFG1759 -2
- Four SFP+ interface (using 16 RocketIO GTX transceivers and 4 PHY devices)
- Supports both 10Gbps and 1Gbps modes
- X8 PCI Express Gen 2 (5Gbps/lane)
- Twenty Configurable GTX Serial Transceivers (available through two high-speed Samtec connectors)
- Three x36 QDR II (CY7C1515KV18)
- Four x32 RLDRAM II (MT49H16M36BM-25)
- Mictor Connector for debugging
- Two Platform XL Flash (128mb each)
- One Xilinx XC2C256 CPLD
- One DB9 (RS232)
- User LEDs & Push Buttons
- 9.5″ x 4.25″ board size
The current NetFPGA infrastructure release comes with reference designs that operate the NetFPGA-10G as a NIC in 1G or 10G mode with all 4 ports active. In addition, the release provides the basic building blocks of all future designs, including and PCIe endpoint with DMA, as well as software.